A year in the life of a grad
In their first year, our graduates are fully supported with a range of training and mentoring opportunities, and get to experience audits with a broad range of organisations throughout New South Wales. A warm and welcoming environment awaits our graduates, who are given plenty of opportunities to enjoy the social side of work as well.
Some of the highlights that our grads have told us they experienced in their first year are:
- A formal two week induction program that includes technical training, professional skills development, an introduction to the work culture, insights and interactions with the Auditor-General, the Deputy Auditor-General and the leadership team.
- Ongoing support from team mates across all levels of the organisation.
- A 'friendly face' program so grads always have someone they can go and talk to, or to ask questions.
- Tailored support from the Audit Office's 'Learning and Development' team, including half-year methodology training, CPA/CA course support (including leave for study and exam days) and a range of online training courses.
- Client interactions, particularly exposure to a diverse portfolio of industries and locations.
- Fun with the Recreation Club (ReClub), including a 'Launchies' event (last year this included a themed treasure hunt through the city, winding up at Manly for lunch and bowls!). Later in the year the grads put together a very funny skit for the Audit Office's annual dinner - lots of fun for all involved!
- Other social events during the year include Happy Hour, futsal and other sports competitions, trivia nights, Melbourne Cup celebrations and lots more.
- Within teams, grads take part in a range of activities, for some teams this includes lunches, an escape room experience, bowling, and more.
- Best of all... our grads tell us that they really value the chance to work on audits that add value and generate insights for the people of New South Wales!