Media release: Members' additional entitlements 2022
What the report is about
The Auditor-General's review analyses claims made by members of the NSW Parliament during the 2021–22 financial year by testing a sample of transactions. Our sample consisted of 63 claims submitted by 59 of the 142 members.
What we found
While we did not identify any instances of material non-compliance with the Parliamentary Remuneration Tribunal's Determination, we did identify 38 departures from the determination, which were of an administrative nature.
What we recommended
The Department of Parliamentary Services (the department) should continue to work with the presiding officers, members, the clerk of the Parliaments and the clerk of the Legislative Assembly to enhance reporting of members' expenditure.
- $22.5m of additional entitlements were claimed in the 2021–22 financial year, consistent with the 2020–21 financial year
- 12 claims submitted after 60 days
- 6 Sydney Allowance reconciliations submitted late
- 16 annual loyalty scheme declarations submitted late
- 4 publications had not made the required authorisations and attributions
Please contact Ian Goodwin, Deputy Auditor-General on 9275 7347 or by email.